THE STONE HEDGE BED AND BREAKFAST
RICHMOND, B.C. CANADA ------ ABOUT RICHMOND
THINGS YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW
- The legal drinking age in B.C. is 19 (proper identification is required).
- All drivers and passengers must wear seat-belts, and motorcyclists and bicyclists must wear helmets.
- The B.C. Ferry terminal is only 20 minutes from downtown Richmond with sailings to Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. Pay parking is available if you want to leave your car at the Ferry Terminal on the mainland.
- Canadas 7% Goods and Service Tax (GST) is refundable on most consumer goods purchased for use outside Canada and removed from the country within 60 days of purchase. Receipts must be a minimum of $50 each for a minimum claim of $200. Application refund forms are at all duty-free stores located on land and air border crossings in Canada. British Columbia charges a 7.5% sales tax.
- Every year on July 1st, the Salmon Festival is held in Steveston. The festival begins with a parade, featuring floats, marching bands, clowns and carnival rides. Enjoy a fresh West Coast salmon baked over an open wood fire.
- You can buy fresh salmon, crab or shrimp at Fisherman's Wharf in Historic Steveston. You wont believe the prices!! Canada's largest commercial fishing fleet is anchored in Richmond.
-Vancouver Whale Watch - You can see Orcas (Killer whales), dolphins, sea lions, seals and Dall's porpoises from April to October. The boats leave from the historic fishing village of Steveston in Richmond. Cannery Channel Tours also.
- There are 80 kilometers of scenic trails that take visitors through the urban wilderness and along the waters edge.
- London Heritage Farm is a heritage site of 4.6 acres overlooking the Fraser River built on this site in the 1890s. There are picnic tables, Tea Room, gift shop, hand tool museum, 1910 buggy and a 1952 Ferguson tractor. Anyone for horseshoe pitch?
- Richmond's parklands, tidal flats and estuary waters attract almost five million migratory and shore birds each year, and are world-renowned havens for birdwatchers.
-Richmond earned top honours in the International Nations in Bloom competition giving Richmond a reputation for their streets and boulevards and city gardens. They are a showcase of charm and community involvement.
Website Designed by